Communication is Key! We make sure all of our partners have an open communication line with us directly throughout the entire process of the partnership with regular and ongoing updates on their horse’s training, breezing results, racing, and career strategy. We are only an email, a phone call, or a visit away and our doors are always open.
Open Door Access! Our partners, along with their family and guests have unlimited access to the racetrack where their horse is competing, including the barn area and training track! This also includes access to the paddock on race day, where they can converse with the trainer, jockey, and management to discuss strategy.
The Winners Circle! Our partners and their guests are the real winners when their horse crosses the finish line first – the moment millions have dreamed about. There isn’t a better way to experience the excitement than of a trip to the official Winners’ Circle and participation in the official winners’ photo!
Financial Reports! At Circle 8 Ranch, we are dedicated to full disclosure and transparency. We provide our partners with full and timely quarterly reports and statements that detail the expenses and income for their individual horses.
Billing Made Easy! One of the biggest complaints we have heard in regard to thoroughbred partnerships is the barrage of invoices sent throughout the month to the partners. Each expense, no matter how small, is sent with its own invoice, resulting in invoices all month long. To simplify this process, and make accounting much easier for our partners. We prepay all bills and then send only one invoice each month with expenses.
RACE DAY EXPERIENCE! When you become a partner with Circle 8 Ranch, we want to make sure you realize the exciting experience of horse ownership at the track! You will receive Club or Box seats at all races your horse competes in, along with the communal and country club experience with the other partners before the race and in the paddock! Of course, if your horse wins, you will be in the Winners' Circle! Of course, we also offer VIP concierge service for all the racing events and special events. ... See MoreSee Less
At Circle 8 Ranch, our team works hard. We go the extra mile to make sure money isn’t wasted and we strive to keep costs low to save money for our partners. We don’t sit in an office and delegate all aspects of the business. We are working owners, tending to the farm and to the care of the horses.
Born in Queens, NY, Troy’s love for the racehorse industry began when his father took him to the racetrack as a young boy. From there, he worked weekends and summers on the backstretch, and then advanced to training, driving harness horses, and ultimately becoming an owner. In 2018, Troy was elected to the FHBPA board, while also serving on the TRAC committee. A dedicated supporter of the Florida Thoroughbred Industry, Troy dedicates his time to improve and promote the industry through accountability, responsibility, and integrity for the horses, the caretakers, and the managers. ... See MoreSee Less
Born in Western Canada, Michelle began riding horses at two years old and hasn’t stopped since! Highly educated, Michelle holds multiple degrees including a BS, MS, and a PhD., and started out with a career in neuroscience at Johns Hopkins. However, her heart was with the horses. She decided to change directions and began exercising horses for various trainers before becoming an assistant trainer to Todd Pletcher. She has since built her career on a foundation of track success with many multiple graded stakes winning horses to her name. Michelle has the exceptional ability to recognize talent and expand the potential in promising racehorses. ... See MoreSee Less
TOP 10 Frequently Asked Questions about Racing Partnerships and Circle 8 Ranch! Call TODAY for more information:
1. What is a racing partnership? A racing partnership is an opportunity for people to invest into racehorse ownership while reducing financial risk by pooling monies with other investors.
2. What type of partnerships are available? Circle 8 Ranch offers two different partnerships to suit the goals and budget parameters of different investors. The first is a racing partnership based on one horse, and the second is a pinhook partnership for the purchase of young horses with the intent to sell them after a period of time.
3. What’s the cost of owning a racehorse? The percentage of costs is based on the percentage of ownership.
4. What are the benefits of a partnership? Fun and excitement, social aspect, great tax advantage, more information please contact us.
5. Who makes the decisions regarding the horses? At Circle 8 Ranch, our management team works directly with the owners when it comes to decisions about the horses. The owners all have a say in major decisions, however, in the event of an emergency, the management team will make the decisions acting in the best interest of the owners, as well as the horse. Typically, our trainers will make racing decisions as they are the experts and have the most comprehensive knowledge as to when and where to run the horses.
6. How do you structure your partnerships? Each horse or group of horses is set up under a separate LLC, and the LLC owns the horse.
7. What do the partners actually own? Each partner owns a percentage of the horse, which includes everything the horse earns such as the percentage of purse earnings, sale proceeds, and breeding rights.
8. How do I earn money? Members of the Circle 8 Ranch racehorse partnerships earn money in two different ways. First, each partner earns a percentage of the purse when the horses finish in one of the top five in a race. Second, the partners earn additional money if the horse is claimed or sold privately.
9. What if my horse becomes a stallion or a broodmare? The good news is that you are a share owner in the horse even after the horse retires, if he becomes a stallion, or if she becomes a broodmare. You continue to own a percentage of the horse until the horse is sold.
10. How do I get started? Before you make any final decisions on investing in a partnership, we would like to talk with you in detail to realize your goals and budget parameters. From there, we would generate a partnership agreement for you to sign, and then you are off to the races! ... See MoreSee Less